Monday, May 11, 2009

How to be High Energy All Day!

My youngest brother, Mark, got engaged Sunday to his girlfriend of 2 years and asked me to be his best man for the wedding. So before anything else I want to give a huge CONGRATULATIONS to the two of them.

Isn't it funny how news like that puts a whole new perspective on the day. I was up until 3am the night before working on a new project and his phone call came at about 10am and I was still tired and in bed (which is really late for me to still be in, but anyways). Once he told me the news my energy sky rocketed and the rest of the day was one of the most energy filled days I've had in a while.

I know for a fact that if he didn't propose Sunday morning, he never would have called me about it and my day wouldn't have been as upbeat probably. Not saying it wouldn't have been a good day, but with all the projects and deadlines I have coming up my focus would have been on them and maybe the pressure of some of them would have played a role in my energy throughout the day.

But with the news I just worked on my projects like it was no big deal. Funny how it all works, eh?

All that happened was a mindset shift that turned my day into and high energy and high productivity day. It's the difference between positive vs. negative news.

Mark's news was obviously very positive. If he called me to say that this whole 'Swine Flu' thing is really scary and he's afraid to travel, that would have been negative and it would have probably wrecked some of my energy for the day.

The point is (and I didn't even plan on writing very much to you today) be positive and forget the negative. The negative is moslty in our heads.

There was a point where I didn't read the newspaper, watch the news on tv, or turn on my radio in my car. I did that for 2 months. 60 days with no news (trust me, if it's that important, you'll hear about it).

Then one day, I started watching the news just to see how it would affect my mood. Within 3 minutes of watching about some killings in Iraq, I literally starting feeling sick to my stomach and had to turn the tv off. It was incredible.

My mind just wouldn't have it.

The message is simple, BE POSITIVE!

If you are negative or just quit something then it's officially over.

If you're positive and keep working, at MINIMUM you are at least giving yourself a shot to move forward. With negativity you don't even give yourself that option.

Now like I said, I wasn't even going to write anything to you today but something inspired me to just keep typing (I'm not going to read through it so I hope it all makes sense :) ).

Joan, my newsletter subscriber who gives me recipes on a weekly basis gave me the simplest breakfast ever yesterday, so I tried it out this morning and loved it.

It's over at the website at http://www.gymsuperstar.com/myths.html
What do you do to keep yourself positive? I'd love to know.

The "Good Times" Lifestyle is coming.....keep your eyes wide open.

Keep ROCKIN' IT!

Dan Grant
The Vitality Coach

No comments: