Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 Random Things about me...

Hi,

There’s a fitness community I usually go to see what other fit pros are up to. One post the other day got a huge response and I wanted to share it with you and get you involved.

It’s called 25 random things about me…some literally nobody knows until right now.

Here are mine…

1. I was born in Thunder Bay, ON, Canada, November 12, 1981.

2. I don’t think my brother and I ever got through a video game when we were younger without any punches thrown.

3. I can’t watch horror movies…hate them so much.

4. my favorite singer is James Taylor

5. I was told I was clinically depressed and suffered from major social anxiety January 2003 by school doctors. That November I took my final pill and vowed to never take one again. I never did and now help people who suffer with depression themselves.

6. There’s nothing like watching the Toronto Maple Leafs play hockey on a Saturday night.

7. In 2002 my Junior College baseball team won the NJCAA World Series and I was name Series MVP and 1st team All-American.

8. One Mother’s Day I dislocated my elbow playing Frisbee with my dad. The very next Mother’s Day I almost cut my finger off. Let’s just say I was under very close watch that next Mother’s Day.

9. My Grandpa Grant died of cancer September 27, 2005, the same day as my mom and dad’s 24th wedding anniversary. He was the greatest man I ever knew.

10. My Grandma Grant died after a stroke in March of 2001. Before flying back to Illinois after the funeral my dad told me to hit a homerun for Grandma. The very first pitch I saw back in Illinois I hit over the wall for my very first college homerun.

11. I bought my very first car in September ’08. A trusty ’09 Toyota Corolla.

12. I made my baseball comeback last summer and somehow pulled off one of my most successful playing summers ever and won MVP. I’m now retired…again.

13. I have never done any type of illegal drug.

14. My full name is Daniel Charles John Grant. People usually think it’s cool I have 4 first names.

15. I’m a very emotional person. I tear up very easily at the site of someone reaching their dreams or falling short of them.

16. I believe that everybody’s purpose on earth is to be happy.

17. I almost died on the baseball field when a hard ground ball jumped up and hit me in the throat. I couldn’t breathe for minutes and the doctor said if that ball hit me 1/8th of an inch to the right it would have broken my trachea.

18. My sister not only takes amazingly cool pictures, she’s also the best writer I know.

19. I now wish I didn’t quit learning the piano when I was 11.

20. My favorite movie of all time is ROCKY. I ran the famous Rocky steps last January, it was awesome.

21. My favorite place to go shopping is a book store. I have way to many books I haven’t read yet because of that.

22. I say a prayer to myself every single night before going to bed. I ask God to bless my dad, mom, mark (bro), Ashley (sis), grandpa, grandma and all my uncles, aunts and cousins. I also say hi to my dog Baron. He passed away 11 years ago this month.

23. My favorite date to go on with my girlfriend (when we actually see each other since I’m in Edmonton and she’s in Virginia) is going to the movies. Our first date together was going to see Terminator 3…I’m very romantic :).

24. I love telling my clients that they “aren’t paying the price of good health, they are enjoying the price of good health.”

25. I’ve always been a fairly quiet guy and don’t usually share lots of information about myself, so this is actually really inspiring for me writing all this.

What are 25 random facts about you?

Keep ROCKIN' IT!

Dan Grant

No comments: