Thursday, January 15, 2009

350 to go...

We hit +4C today I believe here in Edmonton, which is a baumy day compared to what we have been getting. Unfortunately, I didn't get outside because I was busy training and doing some business related things all day.

While I was working I realized that we are already 15 days into 2009.

How are your resolution's going?

Have you stuck with them?

If you haven't then the simple answer why is because you don't have a big enough "why". (I have a way with words, don't I? :) )

If your goal is to go to the gym and start exercising to lose some weight, why is that important to you?

Because you need to get healthier?

That's great, BUT, just being general like that isn't usually going to work because if you are overweight then you haven't exactly had your health at the top of your priority list have you?

It's very hard to just flip that switch like that if you don't have a BIG reason to be doing so.

You need a bigger 'why'. Something that's going to drive you into action.

Something that gives you a true passion for succeeding at your goals because it will create a gigantic positive change in your world.

What is your deepest reason for choosing the resolution's you did?

I've heard these from clients before:

"I want to able to play with my grandchildren."

"I don't want to face the same health disaster as my brother has become and spend the rest of my life on medication."

"I want to be totally free and confident and forget about this man forever."

"I want to wake up knowing that I'll be able to walk pain free at the end day when I go to bed."

"I want to be sexy for my husband again."

Really powerful and emotional stuff.

Emotion runs our life, I believe.

If you don't have some serious emotional ties to what you are trying to accomplish then the passion and dedication just won't be there.

Ask yourself, how emotional is your 'why' to you and your resolution?

Keep ROCKIN' IT!

Dan Grant
The Vitality Coach
http://www.gymsuperstar.com

PS - There will be plenty more tips to come on reaching your goals and living the vitality fueled lifestyle next week.

PPS - Let me know your resolution's and how they are going. The more I know, the better I can understand what type of info to write to you.

No comments: