Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hi,

I just finished watching the AFC championship game (which is actually surprising since I haven't even watched a full nfl game all year). I'm such an atmosphere guy.

Anytime there's something historic or just a big event in general, I'm usually pretty interested and want to see it.

Like tonight in Edmonton was Glenn Anderson's banner raising at Rexall Place (I understand that you probably have no idea who that is...in short, hockey player for the Edmonton Oilers in the 80's and early 90's). I've never been a fan of Anderson...I'm a Leafs fan. I grew up watching Wendel Clark and Doug Gilmour.

Anyways, just the fact that it's a big event got me interested and if it wasn't sold out I would have probably got a ticket.

Same thing about the Inauguration of Obama this Tuesday. Probably the most historic event in Presidential history. I just love that stuff. I'm not even American and would watch it all if I wasn't training.

But how about we talk more about your goals today?

You should understand now that your goals need emotion behind them (I reiterate this in my latest video here). If you haven't found out your 'why' then why not? Don't wait, start taking action right now and figure it out.

Now, there's plenty of ways to go after your goals, but right now I want to tell you about one way that has made reaching goals a lot easier and faster for myself.

EXPECT them to happen.

Sounds pretty obvious, right?

Well, when's the last time you set a big goal and in the back of your mind thought, "No way."

It happened to me all the time. I'd say that I wanted to deadlift 400 pounds and there was that little person in the back of my mind saying, "you can barely deadlift 300 pounds, what are you thinking?" or when I set a goal write for magazines and my subconscious mind told me, "dude, you don't even know the first step, don't even waste your time."

Funny thing is, I believed that little voice for a while and things just never progressed.

It literally took a complete shift in mindset with the help of people like Randy Gage, Dax Moy, and a few others for to actually start believing that these goals not only could happen but I could flourish well beyond them.

And I did.

I wake up every single morning and once my feet hit the floor I say to whoever is out there listening, "Thank you for such an amazing day and making my dreams and goals come true."

EVERYDAY!

Get your mindset right and start expecting great things in your life because that's why you're here, to do great things and don't let anybody tell you otherwise. Those people are idiots and a giant waste of space.

If you want to lose 15 pounds of fat, then go do it and do it with confidence everyday like you know it's going to happen.

If you want to do 50 pushups every morning when you get out of bed, then get out of your bed with a purpose and do the 50 pushups. Expect yourself to be disciplined enough to do it, because once you accept that then you can do amazing things.

Keep ROCKIN' IT!

Dan Grant
The Vitality Coach
http://www.gymsuperstar.com

PS - You talked and we listened. The Gym Superstar In-home Program will be coming very shortly.

PPS - Remember, expect great things in your life and they will happen, it never fails.

No comments: