Thursday, January 22, 2009

Are you a wandering generality

Often when I'm write you a blog post it's straight off the top of my head, like this one.

It's Thursday night, I had a light day of training clients, got a great power based workout in, ate great (even though I ran out of food and had to make an emergency run to the grocery store on my way home), got my copy of Inside Fitness Magazine with an article of mine in (and Trish Stratus on the cover...not bad), and just finished emailing a few people and checking out Twitter.

If you're on twitter you can 'follow me' by going to http://twitter.com/dgfitness

I listen to audio programs a lot when I'm driving around and the latest one i have been listening to is a program from 1978 by Zig Ziglar. It's from a live even so it's only about 60 minutes long, but Ziglar and his strong Texan accent makes some pretty awesome points on goal setting.

And since goal setting has been our topic of discussion the last couple weeks, I thought I would tell you a about a great point that Zig made that has really stuck with me since hearing it.

It's about why we set goals and why they NEED to be specific.

"Are you a wandering generality, or a meaningful specific?"
I'll be straight with you about this, I was a wandering generality until about 2 months ago. My girlfriend used to get so frustrated with me because one day I wanted to do 'this' and then the very next day I wanted to do 'that'.

My vision and life were so unfocused that I never really got anywhere and I wasted a hell of a lot of time because of it.

Is that you?

Are you a wandering generality?

I'm now more of a meaningful specific then I ever have been in my life. I have business goals, health goals, and life goals.

I don't even know how I'm going to achieve most of them (but we'll talk about that in future newsletters). I just know that's what I want and that's what I'm going to get.

My life has seemed to move into fast forward that last month, simply from the fact that I no longer am a wandering generality and have turned into a meaningful specific.

Whatever your goals are they are meaningful to you...no matter what anybody else says or thinks.

What are you?

How do you hit a target you cannot see?

You need goals...you need specific goals.

Become a meaningful specific today.

Keep ROCKIN' IT!

Dan Grant
The Vitality Coach

PS - It's kind of late now, since I literally just decided to write a blog post for you so I didn't proof read it (I generally never do anyways), so if there's spelling issues....sorry :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!