Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This guy gained back over 100 pounds of fat

hi everybody,

My sister and I were talking on the phone the other night and we started talking about what's happening in each others lives so naturally it turned into a fitness talk for a bit anyways.

We talked about Oprah's recent weight gain, Bob Green, and the Biggest Loser.

Now this Oprah thing kind of drives me a little nuts, but I've learned to not let the obsessions of people who care so much about other people on tv affect me anymore. (did that make sense?)

Not to get on a tangent here, but please start caring about YOUR own life more then you care about Oprah's.

Bob Green, well, I thought most of that Best Life stuff was over hyped, but I did hear him talking about the mental side of fat loss the other day on some show and I agreed with what he had to say. The mental side of ANYTHING is the most important part. I really don't think you can achieve great results until you are mentally ready to do so.

And as for the Biggest Loser, it's reality tv. It's a very dangerous quick fix for these people. Yes it's life changing for them, but does it work?

No, it doesn't. My sister told me on the phone call that the 2006 winner came onto Oprah (this is really why we started talking about Oprah) and he had gained about half his weight back that he lost on his show.

He started at 450 plus and ended up at 185 or something like that and then less then a year later he was back at 315.

Why? Because the concept of losing fat that the Biggest Loser portrays is RIDICULOUS. If you work as hard as the people on the show do and have as strict of a diet as they do then your body thinks that's the way to lose fat.

And when you start relaxing and not working out 5 hours a day and start eating a real world diet again your body just says, "what's going on? I need that 5 hours of exercise to maintain what I've gotten and I need that restricted diet too."

And the result equals massive amounts of weight gain.

I can't even begin to talk about all the Operation: Burn Fat E-course Members who introduce themselves to me by saying they are 'chronic dieting failures'.

Quick fix fat loss needs to be a thing of the past or we as a society will just keep getting bigger and bigger and sadder and sadder.

You have to hit the starting blocks with a foundational knowledge of how to do things the right way and have a mental approach that is long term and 100% dedicated to living a vitality driven and passionate life.

With that approach will come ultimate and life long fat loss.

If you want to hit the starting blocks strong then why not check out our Ignite Starter Program, which is at a special launch price until tonight at midnight when the price jumps up, over at http://www.gymsuperstar.com.

You deserve long lasting success and happiness.

Let's ROCK this life,

Dan Grant
The Vitality Coach

PS - How's your January going? Have you been sticking with your Resolutions? I have some tips coming to either get you back on track and keep you going full steam ahead.

PPS - tonight at midnight the price jumps at http://www.gymsuperstar.com

No comments: