Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Day of Remembrance

Hi Superstars,

Today is Remembrance Day so I put up this video on the blog today as a tribute to the soldiers who have died in combat.

Since I am Canadian, it is a Canadian video.

I've never been involved in the military but I fully understand what this day means to millions of people on this day.

My mom was born in Milwaukee and her uncle fought in WWII.

I was living in Illinois when 9/11 happened and was living in Iowa when The War On Terrorism began. Actually, a teammate (I played college baseball) was formerly in the military and his first captain was actually killed in the Pentagon attack.

I met a soldier a couple years ago who was in the deadlist battle to date in the war and about 3/4 of his squad were killed in that battle. Watching him, his wife and his two daughters hanging out at a friends wedding gave me chills knowing what he had been through.

You'll notice the name PTE JOSH KLUKIE come on your screen early in the video. He was from Thunder Bay (my hometown) and he went to school with my girlfriend.

Today at the gym at 11am we turned off all the music and stood in silence for 1 minute to pay our respects.

Please take a moment to pay your respects.



Dan Grant

No comments: