Sunday, November 2, 2008

Is This The Most Important Step In Fat Loss?

I’m guilty of this sometimes when I’m about to go on a new venture of ‘changing’ myself or the world around me.

You know what I’m saying. That rush of motivation and inspiration that the thing you are about to do will change your life forever.

Then 3 or 4 days later you find it a lot harder to do…and eventually that initial life changing motivation begins to fade away into the darkness of failure until the next time you want to try to change your body and/or life forever.

For a lot of people, every January 1st is that day. For others, it could be their birthday. Or for others it could be after reading an inspiring book. But it doesn’t really matter when you do it, it’s the fact that you’re constantly failing.

That’s the problem, and it’s a problem that not enough fitness experts talk about.

Don’t get me wrong, when I started out in this industry I was the same way, but I’ve grown to accept that there’s a lot more to the fat loss game then just the nutrition part and the workout part.

We’re soft. We don’t want to work hard. We don’t want to make sacrifices.

We want to feel good and we want to feel good NOW.

Can I really say that ATTITUDE is the most important part of successful fat loss?

Maybe.

We all really start out with the ‘right’ attitude, I just think we aren’t strong enough mentally to keep the right attitude because our brain is telling us that this is going to be a lot tougher then we originally thought so maybe we should just slow down or quit.

Every time you feel that discomfort or have your mind asking you, “is this really worth it?” that’s not a bad thing.

That’s a great thing because it’s giving you the opportunity to grow and change your old shitty habits into new good habits that will actually get you a better life and get you a better body.

You need a clear vision of what you want and the patience to let things ‘work’.

Society has messed our minds with all this instant results stuff and I think it’s time to actually make significant long term changes and not hope and pray for the next ‘miracle’ pill or diet book to come out.

The most important thing in my eyes is to understand that a clear vision and a strong and powerful attitude are needed for anything to be a long term success.

That’s why you’re at my blog and that’s why only a certain few will qualify to take on my advice.

Are you one of them?

If you think you are then you should go to www.operationburnfat.com to find out.

Do you have any thought's about this post?

If you do please post your comments and thoughts below.

Keep ROCKIN' IT!

Dan Grant
www.operationburnfat.com

PS - VIDEOS are coming. Probably by this weekend will be the first one. Is there anything specific you'd like to know about becoming a GYM SUPERSTAR? Just let me know in the comments section.

3 comments:

Fay J said...

Very informative. Thanks.
Looking forward to more.
Video suggestions- At home fat burning, toning exercises. Everything but cardio.

kellsbells said...

I would be interested in some videos showing how to do full body exercises correctly, kettle bell swings, burpees that kind of thing. Something a little challenging. Thanks
Looking forward to the videos

Dan Grant said...

thanks for the ideas kell and fay.

I'll get some of those up soon :)

Dan Grant